Old 13-06-2004, 02:04 AM
styxx374

Default repotting Phal

My phal (very first orchid ever!) is starting to sprout a new leaf AND the
end of the flower spike is starting to branch off. However, I've noticed the
potting mix is starting to look very yucky. Under the leaves. There is also
a couple of shrivelled little leaves underneath the main ones. Should I
attempt to trim and repot? I got it at Lowe's, so I have no idea how long
it's been in this particular batch of medium. Also, the way they had it
potted is in a 4" plastic pot that rests in a clay orchid pot. If I repot,
should I put it in the clay pot only? Thanks.