Old 13-06-2004, 02:05 AM
GFRfan

Default Why is 42" cut only 36" w/riding tractor?

keith98rodeo wrote:

I have a mid-90's MTD riding mower with a 42" deck.
I've been getting uncut strips, and after closer examination
it's because the deck is only cutting about a 36" wide path.
It seems to be leaving about 3" uncut on both sides of the deck. I live in
Massachusetts, and the cutting height is about 2-3/8". I've changed the
belt and blades, but neither helps. The deck has been banged up a normal
amount. I've banged it back extremely close to it's original shape.

Could it be that the air flow under the deck has been disrupted by
damage to the deck?
--
Yard and Garden Handyman