Old 14-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Brian

Default Fairy Rings

"nambucca" wrote in message
I could scream they are wrecking my lawn and i have tried all the
suggestions in the website someone kindly posted a while
back............what clever idiot in the EU banned the chemicals that

would
deal with it .........I would like him to see the mess of my lawn its
heartbreaking

Sure wish I knew someone with a hidden store of the banned chemicals

Can you confirm that you are actually seeing fungi of some sort?. Fairy
rings are not destructive and only mildly unsightly, even on a fine lawn.
I ask because I was recently asked to see such rings and they were
actually 'bitch-marks'!! These would be about 18" diameter with dead grass
in the centre and dark green grass at the edges. Do bitches have access to
your lawn?
Fairy rings can be from feet across, to hundreds of yards in diameter.
They go on for ever, unless a physical barrier intrudes.
Best Wishes Brian.