Old 14-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Enuf

Default mower starter problem

(Dave) wrote in message om...
I bought my first push mower a couple of weeks ago. It's a Murray
mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It worked fine when I first
got it home, but when I tried to use it today, I discovered that the
starter cord is stuck. It pulls out 2 or 3 inches and then sticks.
Some wiggling will get it out a few inches more, but when I let it
slide back in and try and pull it again, it again only will come out 2
or 3 inches. So, I cannot start my mower. Any ideas? I'm new to the
world of mowers, so don't have much of a clue and would prefer not to
have to open it up, but I don't see any other alternative at this
point.
Thanks

Take it back where you bought it and tell them to fix it or give you a
new one. While it's not that hard for a DIY'er to fix, you shouldn't
have to fix anything under warranty.

Bob S.