Old 13-06-2004, 03:04 AM
Dave

Default mower starter problem

I bought my first push mower a couple of weeks ago. It's a Murray
mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It worked fine when I first
got it home, but when I tried to use it today, I discovered that the
starter cord is stuck. It pulls out 2 or 3 inches and then sticks.
Some wiggling will get it out a few inches more, but when I let it
slide back in and try and pull it again, it again only will come out 2
or 3 inches. So, I cannot start my mower. Any ideas? I'm new to the
world of mowers, so don't have much of a clue and would prefer not to
have to open it up, but I don't see any other alternative at this
point.
Thanks
Old 13-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:56:38 -0700, Dave wrote:

I bought my first push mower a couple of weeks ago. It's a Murray
mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It worked fine when I first
got it home, but when I tried to use it today, I discovered that the
starter cord is stuck. It pulls out 2 or 3 inches and then sticks.
Some wiggling will get it out a few inches more, but when I let it
slide back in and try and pull it again, it again only will come out 2
or 3 inches. So, I cannot start my mower. Any ideas? I'm new to the
world of mowers, so don't have much of a clue and would prefer not to
have to open it up, but I don't see any other alternative at this
point.
Thanks

Take the cover off ( 3 or 4 hex nuts ) and check how the cord is wrapped,
it sounds jammed.

Old 13-06-2004, 02:02 PM
TOM KAN PA

Did you buy it new? If so, it should have a warranty that would last at least a
few weeks.
Take it back, get a new one.