Old 14-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Dividing Sprekelia

David Ross in :

I have an overgrown clump of Sprekelia formossissima (Aztec lily,
Jacobean lily). I would like to divide it. However, the last time
I did that, the bulbs sulked for a few years without blooming (very
much the way Amarillis belladonna would).

Does anyone have a positive experience dividing Sprekelia?

i thought that divided amaryllis would bloom ok if they were divided at a
cetain time of year. i think there's a note about that in sunset. i've
diug and repplanted amaryllis, but havne't been concerned with, or
tracked, when they bloomed.

however spreckelia is a wet tropic species, yes? so not so easily comapred
to the dry summer amaryllis.