Old 14-06-2004, 06:02 PM
sharoncapps

Default Overwatering

Gail Futoran wrote:
"sharoncapps" wrote in message

How's the drainage? Roses don't like their
roots standing in water. So yes, it is possible
to over-water roses if there is not good drainage.

How often do you water? That depends on
a lot of factors, but do an easy soil dampness
test: stick your finger into the soil about 1-2"
down. If it's still wet, don't water for a few
days. If it's dry, the yellowing leaves may be
due to lack of water. (You might have too
much drainage, e.g., sandy soil.)

I actually have pretty good drainage but it has been overcast and showers
all the time so I guess they just need more sun. I usually only water once
a week depending on the weather. If it rains I don't water and if it is
too hot I sometimes water more. Thanks for the reply.
Sharon in MN