Old 14-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Pam Moore

Default Gladiolus question!!

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:11:54 +0100, "Tracy"
wrote:

Have had pots and pots of gladiolus growing back every year for the last 5
years. This year, the green spikey shoots have come up, but NO SIGNS OF THE
FLOWERS!!!!!

I dont really tend them - I guess because they seem to just pop up all by
themselves every year, I dont cut the shoots back as they die off, only
remove the dead heads.

What did I do wrong - if anything?

"Tracy"

Have they been in the same pots and in the SAME COMPOST?
If so they have exhausted all the nutrients in the compost.
Have you fed them? Maybe tomato feed would help but it might be too
late for this year,
Perhaps you should repot them in fresh compost

Pam in Bristol