Old 14-06-2004, 08:03 PM
rosie read and post

Default Q on Mosquito Fogger thingies...& dunks

indeed...............i YARD GUARD before i do any picking or weeding
garden areas!

--
rosie
http://www.infoshout.com/the_toll.htm

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
: In article , "LeeAnne"

: wrote:
:
: Living surrounded by woods and swampy areas the mosquito problem
is
: HORRENDOUS. Seriously, I step outside my backdoor and head
toward the
: flower garden and whammo, they're all over me.
:
: West Nile is the least of my worries, I just cannot stand being
attacked by
: them. I've got a mosquito magnet going, but I think I'd need
like three
: more in various places to make a sizeable dent (it's caught a
lot, but not
: enough). A couple friends of mine have those backyard mosquito
fogger
: things - usually they'll pull them out at a BBQ and make a
circle of the
: yard parameter and I've wondered about them. I honestly don't
recall how
: well they worked (chalk that up to drinking at a BBQ all day)
;-)
:
: Does anybody have experience w/these? Are they using a
pesticide to
: actually kill mosquitoes, thereby killing everything else too,
or are they
: just spraying a fog of mosquito deterrent around? I don't like
the 'kill
: everything' mentality, I hardly use any poisons (the occasional
hornet/wasp
: nest on the side of the house) and I'd hate to get a fogger and
kill
: everything living in the yard or area surrounding it.
:
: Also, a Q on BT rings -- these only harm the mosquitoes, right?
Even if a
: gold fish took a nibble it wouldn't hurt them?
:
: They're pretty bad here in central Texas, too. I've had some luck
: with Off! Mosquito Coils (the ones you burn like incense). They
last
: about four hours. You could put two or three out while you're
: gardening, surrounding yourself. Of course, they won't work if
it's
: windy out.
:
: Is there any reason you don't want to use a spray (or cream) on
your
: body? They work well.
:
: Raid Yard Guard works well, too. I don't know how it works -- if
it kills
: insects or just repels them or just mosquitoes. If you go to
: alt.consumers.pest-control there are people there who could
: probably tell you exactly how they work.
: --
: 8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
: ~~~~~~
: "I reserve the absolute right to be smarter
: today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson
:
: http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617