Old 14-06-2004, 09:08 PM
deepeddygirl

Default White spit on plants

I may not have been clear enough. I think what you guys are talking
about really looks like spit. It's kind of foamy and looks like someone
just spit on the plant. I've seen it and it's pretty gross.

What I have is stickier and pure white. Kind of like fake snow that you
use to spray on your windows during the holidays. It seems to be 1 1/2 -
2" below the last spray of leaves (or blooms) at the end of a branch.

I sprayed with the insecticidal soap, but it doesn't seem to have
helped. Does this jog anyone's memory? TIA!

deepeddygirl wrote:
Can someone tell me what is that stuff that looks like thick white glue
that is showing up on my plants. The natives and the ornamentals have
it. It kinda looks like a mildew, but it's pure white and very sticky
looking. It shows up on the stem under the leaves toward the end of the
"branch" although I have seen some at the base too. I applied an organic
insecticidal soap last week, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Suggestions? TIA!