Old 15-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Allan Matthews

Default Homemade Deer Repellent

On 11 Jun 2004 19:29:04 -0700, (Boyk7808)
wrote:

Haven't tried it, but a local nursery here in Texas is passing these
out.

4 tablespoons ground cayene pepper
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup peeled garlic
1 cup clear ammonia
1 cup Murphy's oil soap
1 bar Ivory hand soap (optional)

Boil cayenne pepper in vinegar for a minute or two, then strain
through a coffee filter. In a blender, puree the garlic in 2 cups
water, then strain the mixture through another filter.

Combine the two filtered liquids with the ammonia and oil soap in a 3
gallon garden sprayer. Fill the sprayer to the maximum level with
water, and spray mixture around all areas you want to protect. For
extra stickiness, float the bar of Ivory soap in the sprayer.

For maximum effectiveness, reapply weekly as well as after rains. If
deer browsing is intense, spray more frequently.

From Fine Gardening, August 2001, Tips Department

Dave

I live in Tioga county , NY one of the most densly whitetail deer
populated areas in US. They walk across my front porch at nite. They
are hated by every neighbor. I have tried many repllents and nothing
worked to save my garden or shrubs. I put up an electric fence, bent
strips of thin aluminum over the wire and smeared peanut butter on the
strips. End of problem. The deer did get tangled in the fence one
nite and really knocked it down.