Old 15-06-2004, 12:13 AM
denis glover

Default Advice needed

Read somewhere that broken egg shells spread around the plants stop slugs.
Something to do with them not going over sharp objects.Suppose sharp sand
acts in the same way.
Denis G.
"Bob Smith" wrote in message

"auntie_biotic" wrote in message
Hope I can get some advice. Slugs are eating my young plants, in

particular
my "Shoo fly". I have been using blue slug pellets. I cannot use them
anymore as a hedgehog is eating the slugs during the night and I do not

wish
to poison it.

My question is how can I stop slugs eating my plants or should I just

put
up
with damage as part of nature.
Thanks in advance

--
auntie_biotic

T B and U

http://www.tbandu.co.uk

I have heard they like beer - if you leave a saucer or buried bowl with

beer
in, they can't resist, and drown. Don't know what the hedgehog would

think
to snail in ale though.

Bob