Old 15-06-2004, 12:25 AM
nambucca

Default Fairy Rings

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:21:10 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"nambucca" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

"nambucca" wrote in message
I could scream they are wrecking my lawn and i have tried all

the
suggestions in the website someone kindly posted a while
back............what clever idiot in the EU banned the chemicals

that
would
deal with it .........I would like him to see the mess of my

lawn its
heartbreaking

Sure wish I knew someone with a hidden store of the banned

chemicals

__________________
Can you confirm that you are actually seeing fungi of some

sort?. Fairy
rings are not destructive and only mildly unsightly, even on a

fine lawn.
I ask because I was recently asked to see such rings and they

were
actually 'bitch-marks'!! These would be about 18" diameter with

dead grass
in the centre and dark green grass at the edges. Do bitches have

access to
your lawn?
Fairy rings can be from feet across, to hundreds of yards in

diameter.
They go on for ever, unless a physical barrier intrudes.
Best Wishes Brian.

.................................................. ..............

Definitely not bitch marks ........been there done that

Get mushrooms
Original ring is 10ft accros and

Next one is a 4ft semi circle

others are smaller but new ones developing fast
The soil is bare in the rings with deeper green grass growing

stronger at
the edges

What beats me is what is decaying underneath to have caused this

The only tree that was removed had all roots traced and dug out

Have dug out the circles to a depth of 1ft
treated with armillotox put in fresh soil and new turfs .........6

months
later back to square one and worse

Why not charge gate-money for folk to come and have a look at the
spectacle?
{:-)

Son et Lumiere Special Event for Bank Holiday?
--
Martin

If I seriously thought idiots would pay to look at bare circles on my lawn I
would have a Garden Open Day !!!!!!!!!