Old 25-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Newsposts

Default Water Level Dropping

I assume you've checked the obvious ..... any loose connectors
I was losing approx 40 gals a day from one pond - finally found a tubing
connection with a very small leak. I suppose shrinkage of tube and
fitting was to blame. I tightened the hose clamp and all is well this
morning.
I'm using a stock tank heater and circulating water between two ponds.
The water temp stays at about 40' to 45' here in sub-zero Minnesota.
Hope you solve the problem soon ......

In article k.net,
"Nedra" wrote:

Dan, I would turn off the pump and buy a De-Icer. It is electric - put
it in your pond close to the airstone. I think you will have to make sure
you add enough Dechlor ... This is to keep the fish from being poisoned
with chlorine/chloramine. Wait until warmer weather to repair the pond.

Nedra from Missouri

Dan wrote in message
The problem is the top is covered with a thick layer of ice and I can't

see
the liner below.

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
Whereever the water level stops is where your leak is.

"Dan" wrote in message
My 1800 gallon 4.5 foot deep pond is losing water. I'm in zone 5

north
of
Detroit, temps. have been under 20 degrees for almost 3 weeks. Top is
frozen solid with opening for gas exchange created by air pump and
external
water pump flowing in. Water level is dropping to over one foot below

ice
level. I refill every day and it still drops. No evidence of any

leaks.
Any ideas? Thanks, Dan