Old 16-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Iain Miller

Default PROPAGATION OF AMAZON SWORD

"cabaloz" wrote in message
I have a flourishing echinodorus osiris which produces a new leaf every

4-5
days. My understanding is that these plants can get quite large, although

at
present the leaves are probably around 10-12 cm in length.
Do these plants flower readily or is there a method to induce flowering?

Npt sure of the exact variety you have but all the Amazons I have/have had
all do the same thing. They need to get to a fair old size & then they'll
shoot out a long stem to the surface with a flower on the end. Baby plants
then appear along the length of this stem (maybe 2 or 3 at a time). Once the
new plants shoot leaves that are 2 or three inches long I remove the stem &
take the small plants off & replant. Once the Mother plant starts doing this
they just seem to carry on at fairly regular intervals.

I don't do anything special to encourage this it just happens.

I.