Old 16-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Gay Xavier

Default TURKEY BROWN FIG TREES

Rodney Smith wrote:
I live in Indianapolis Indiana and i have two fig trees that i have potted
so i can bring them in the winter. they did semi leafed and grew a little
bit during the winter now some of the twigs wont stand up and i dont know
what i should do with them. I dont know if i should trim them down , im
hoping they will bloom and produce fruit., i have them in a big pot but im
not sure how big of pot i need for them. any suggestions will be helpful

Hey Rodney,

Gee, you sound like me and my citrus trees! I would just repot it as it
becomes root bound to the pot. This way it will not be so hard to move
in and out during cold weather.

A little trimming on scraggly branches shouldn't hurt, and most plants
bloom well being a bit root bound.

My brown turkey fig is about roof height but I hardly get any. The birds
sure love the feast though.

Best -- Gae Xavier