Old 16-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Sherman

Default Lawn Tractor Tires

I take my wheels ~ to the Simplicity dealer and they fix them / change them,
etc. I am in love with my ol' ('72) Simplicity! Get the mechanic to put in
tubes, they don't come that way and will keep going flat if you gon't get
tubes in them. It helps a whole lot. Sherman.

"do$feratu" wrote in message
I have a Simplicity lawn tractor and have two tire problems. One
about air and the other about water.

I patched one tire that had a hole in it with one of those patch
kits you use a forked screwdriver to push the patch in. The hole
was on the side wall, between treads, and doesn't seem to be
holding. I applied more rubber cement on the outside, but air
still leaks through.
If I have to replace the tire, how to I get it off? The wheel
doesn't seem to un attach from the axle. Do I need a tire iron, or
do I just yank it off?
Is it OK to pump in some of that fix-a-flat stuff?

Second, when I went to put air in the rear tire, I hear water
sloshing. So I let the water out. And there was a lot of it, and I
couldn't get the water below the valve stem.
What the heck is going on? How did the water get in, and how do I
get it out?

TIA

--
Pat Lundrigan