Old 17-06-2004, 01:04 AM
SugarChile

Default Crocosomia

I've never tried deadheading. They do spread, but for me that is a
desirable trait. I would not consider them at all invasive. The clump just
keeps getting larger; they don't seed about or show up all over the place.

I almost lost mine in the drought (3 years running, 2 years ago) and they
haven't bloomed in years. We had a decent year last year, and it's shaping
up to be one of the best growing seasons in memory this year, and they are
looking promising. The hummingbirds like them.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
My Crocosomia have started blooming -- impressively. These are
new to me, planted last year, and I wonder if I should deadhead.
Will that extend blooming?

These things spread so, I wonder if they're potentially invasive.

Jim Lewis -
- Rivers are ribbons that tie us
to the spirit of the land - Jeff Rennicke