Old 17-06-2004, 04:02 PM
MC

Default plants for (quick) privacy

Fair enough Wallaby ... thanks for pointing that out - I'm fairly new to all
this newsgroup stuff!

I am in Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Cheers,
Mick

"Wallaby" wrote in message
Well Mick there is no indication of where you are; some even don't read

the
"aus" part of the newsgroup and can be calling from Europe?

"MC" none wrote in message ...
hi all,

I want to grow a row of plants/trees (whatever) down one side of my

suburban
block to create some privacy and block out the ugly brick flats that

look
directly into my backyard!

My old place had a nice private b'yard and I could stand/sit out by my

vegie
patch for as long as I wanted without feeling silly ... in this b'yard

the
neighbours must think I'm nuts when I go and inspect my fruit trees,

vegies
etc. a few times a day! (I know I shouldn't worry what the neighbours

think,
but I do like my privacy! Oh, to live in the country!)

So, considering I'm a student on a budget, what is the least expensive

and
fastest growing plants to put down my side fence for a privacy screen?

They
need to be at least 2 metres tall ... but the bigger the better! To

cover
distance of about 4-5 metres! A big ask in a short period I know!

Cheers,
Mick