Old 18-06-2004, 05:25 AM
dkat

Default OT ~ teleporting atoms ~ OT

I've been waiting decades for this. I have all these plans for teleporting
trees to better locations, teleporting the soil that is in the 'space' of my
soon to be pond into the 'space' behind it to make a waterfall, then I want
to teleport my house up about 300 ft with teleported bedrock replacing the
air under it so I have a better view and the house stops shifting on the
sand, etc.... Boy or boy will life be fun when they start renting the
teleporter out at Home Depot!

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Isn't this just too cool?!
k :-)

Headline: Almost like sci-fi story, scientists teleport atoms
By Kenneth Chang
The New York Times
Jun 17, 2004
Two teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they had for the first

time
teleported individual atoms, taking the characteristics of one atom and
imprinting them on a second.

Story can be found he
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...ort17061704jun
17,0,1973190.story?coll=sfla-news-fringe