Old 17-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Ka30P

Default OT ~ teleporting atoms ~ OT

Isn't this just too cool?!
k :-)

Headline: Almost like sci-fi story, scientists teleport atoms
By Kenneth Chang
The New York Times
Jun 17, 2004
Two teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they had for the first time
teleported individual atoms, taking the characteristics of one atom and
imprinting them on a second.

Story can be found he
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...ort17061704jun
17,0,1973190.story?coll=sfla-news-fringe

Old 17-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
Isn't this just too cool?!
k :-)

Headline: Almost like sci-fi story, scientists teleport atoms
By Kenneth Chang
The New York Times
Jun 17, 2004
Two teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they had for the first time
teleported individual atoms, taking the characteristics of one atom and
imprinting them on a second.

Story can be found he
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...ort17061704jun
17,0,1973190.story?coll=sfla-news-fringe

I liked the photo that accompanied the story in our local
paper - Spock and Kirk ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 17-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Isn't this just too cool?!
k :-)

Headline: Almost like sci-fi story, scientists teleport atoms
By Kenneth Chang
The New York Times
Jun 17, 2004
Two teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they had for the first

time
teleported individual atoms, taking the characteristics of one atom and
imprinting them on a second.

Story can be found he
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...ort17061704jun
17,0,1973190.story?coll=sfla-news-fringe

Quantum entanglement is "spooky" science.

BV.

Old 18-06-2004, 05:25 AM
dkat

I've been waiting decades for this. I have all these plans for teleporting
trees to better locations, teleporting the soil that is in the 'space' of my
soon to be pond into the 'space' behind it to make a waterfall, then I want
to teleport my house up about 300 ft with teleported bedrock replacing the
air under it so I have a better view and the house stops shifting on the
sand, etc.... Boy or boy will life be fun when they start renting the
teleporter out at Home Depot!

Old 22-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Prometheus Xex

I read the article and am not impressed. It basically states that the info
of one atom is copied onto another atom. This is not the same as taking
that atom apart (turning it to energy) and transferring it to the new local
and reassembling it. All in all its just an atom photocopier... for now.

Prometheus Xex

Old 22-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
I read the article and am not impressed. It basically states that the

info
of one atom is copied onto another atom. This is not the same as taking
that atom apart (turning it to energy) and transferring it to the new

local
and reassembling it. All in all its just an atom photocopier... for now.

snip

The point you are missing is that entangled particles can be entangled over
great distances. Two atoms entangled can affect each other over light years
of space instantly. This is as good as teleportation.

BV.