Old 18-06-2004, 05:31 AM
tim chandler

Default PVC through Concrete Pond Wall

That's exactly what I did with my concrete pond. I simply laid the PVC pipe
in place with some gravel under it, and then poured the concrete over and
around it, a bit thicker (further back) than the rest of the pond wall. At
the surface (where the water meets the concrete) I later coated the concrete
with Quikrete Vinyl Patching Cement, the whole pond. I used hardware cloth
to reinforce the whole structure. No leaks at all 4 years later. You could
run a bead of silicone around the pipe if you want, but I didn't and it
hasn't been necessary.

Happy Concrete Ponding,
Tim C.

"Zeuspaul" wrote in message
Does concrete adhere to PVC? What is the best way to run a 4 inch piece

of
PVC through the wall of a concrete pond and keep it from leaking at the
joint? The PVC pipe will be about two feet below the water surface.

Thanks