Old 18-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default PVC through Concrete Pond Wall

This approach will leak!
Just Me Koi, AIA

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"PlainBill" wrote in message
I'd suggest copying the practices the swimming pool builder use. I
assume by 4 inch you mean diameter, not length.

If you have not poured the concrete yet, I'd simply pour the concrete
around the pipe, making sure the concrete is packed around the pipe so
there are no voids, especially underneath the pipe.

If the wall is already in place, you are going to have to knock a
hole in the wall, then put the pipe through and cement it in place
with hydraulic cement. This will expand as it cures and form a tight
seal to the existing concrete and the pipe.

PlainBill

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:59:42 GMT, "Zeuspaul"
wrote:

Does concrete adhere to PVC? What is the best way to run a 4 inch piece

of
PVC through the wall of a concrete pond and keep it from leaking at the
joint? The PVC pipe will be about two feet below the water surface.

Thanks