Old 18-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Robert H

Default How to get CO2 for 55 gallon

(Sarah) wrote in message . com...
I've found several vendors on Ebay that will sell me a CO2 regulator,
a pH meter, some funky black thing whose name I forget to regulate
bubbles. The bundle comes out to about $250. I'll willing to spend
that money. My question is - where do I get CO2 tanks. I'm an EMT, I
know where to get O2. But where does an aquarist get CO2?

Also, my water has a high pH (about 7.6-7.8). I know adding CO2
lowers pH which would be good for the tank. I'm now sure what my gH
and Kh are. Would using a peat layer underneath my gravel be
beneficial?

Sarah

$250? on ebay? I can sell you a system for much less than that. You
need a regulator, bubblecounter and reactor. Your KH act as a buffer
to the pH. High KH means you can safely add more C02. C02 cannisters
are sold by gas suppliers, just look in your phonr book

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com