Old 19-06-2004, 12:07 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Bush and his religion?

Are you kidding? This whole backlash at scraping all the pine in the
east (starting just east of I-45) in the 1920's led to NO logging on
public lands...and wildfires out the wazoo and billions and billions
spent fighting fires on acreage that is now dead for 20 years until it
grows back - if then.

http://treefarms.org/

Not to mention, for Austin, a hundred years of grazing ruined the soil
so bad Mesquite is overtaking Oaks. The simple use of a hard-pan plow
like they use in Australia and all them nutrients the cows left behind
would get and stay wet enough to have green fields and prairies
again...not the brown-ness that is the Hill Country. Grazing practices
are a more pertinent topic.

I'm no Republican, but his Daddy is the first one to legislate saving
wetlands ("no net loss of wetlands") and Clinton's regime whittled
that away and have unprotected, say, half of our nation's wetlands.

But then again, I'm no Democrat either...

John

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message
Bush has no scientist that support commercial logging on federal

public
land. Now what faith will win the election? One might ask just

what is
meant by cutting the wood out of the once fertile forest.
See "LOGGING - What it is"
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound
for starters
also use
www.treedictionary.com

Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field,

neither cut
down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with

fi and
they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed

them,
saith the Lord GOD.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com