Old 17-06-2004, 10:06 PM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Bush and his religion?

Bush has no scientist that support commercial logging on federal public
land. Now what faith will win the election? One might ask just what is
meant by cutting the wood out of the once fertile forest.
See "LOGGING - What it is"
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sound
for starters
also use
www.treedictionary.com

Ezekiel 39:10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut
down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fi and
they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them,
saith the Lord GOD.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

Old 18-06-2004, 02:08 PM
escapee

Fortunately or not, I doubt Bush will win the election. We don't have long to
go and he'll be history. Then we can spend 16 years cleaning it up. I hope
Kerry chooses a suitable vice president who will be a suitable presidential
candidate after two terms. We may just be able to save this nation and have
people feel better about us again. I'm tired of being an ugly American in the
eyes of the world and it's time to take back our country, trees, the Arctic,
waters, farms and an open door system. I'm tired of the secrets and twisting
the truth to fit the lies. Really, really tired.

Listen daily to www.airamerica.com and then check the facts.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:52:11 -0400, "John A. Keslick, Jr."
opined:

[...]

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 18-06-2004, 05:08 PM
cat daddy

Bill Moyers: This is the Fight of Our Lives
http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/...04/0616-09.htm

I received this yesterday from a friend........ My hope during the 90's,
with the reduced military, relative peace, and the budget surplus, was that
we could finally turn our attention correcting social injustices world-wide,
environmental and species destruction, and really heal the planet. I guess
their was no profit in that....

Old 19-06-2004, 12:07 AM
John T. Jarrett

Are you kidding? This whole backlash at scraping all the pine in the
east (starting just east of I-45) in the 1920's led to NO logging on
public lands...and wildfires out the wazoo and billions and billions
spent fighting fires on acreage that is now dead for 20 years until it
grows back - if then.

http://treefarms.org/

Not to mention, for Austin, a hundred years of grazing ruined the soil
so bad Mesquite is overtaking Oaks. The simple use of a hard-pan plow
like they use in Australia and all them nutrients the cows left behind
would get and stay wet enough to have green fields and prairies
again...not the brown-ness that is the Hill Country. Grazing practices
are a more pertinent topic.

I'm no Republican, but his Daddy is the first one to legislate saving
wetlands ("no net loss of wetlands") and Clinton's regime whittled
that away and have unprotected, say, half of our nation's wetlands.

But then again, I'm no Democrat either...

John

Old 19-06-2004, 08:04 PM
escapee

We watch Bill Moyers Now every week, and Tom Spencer's Austin Now. Both
excellent shows which we support. I am looking forward to seeing Michael
Moore's film, as well as "Hunting the President," which is another brilliant
film.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:02:39 -0500, "cat daddy" opined:

Bill Moyers: This is the Fight of Our Lives
http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/...04/0616-09.htm

I received this yesterday from a friend........ My hope during the 90's,
with the reduced military, relative peace, and the budget surplus, was that
we could finally turn our attention correcting social injustices world-wide,
environmental and species destruction, and really heal the planet. I guess
their was no profit in that....

.. .