Old 20-06-2004, 12:02 PM
TQPL

Default Paph St. Swithin

Hi Steve,

Reckon they should all be the same clone.
The variation comes about from label writing.
Should be the long one

Paph. rothschildianum 'Charles E. Edwards' FCC/AOS

There is an old pic of one in flower that we
flowered back in the early 1970's
There are much better pics around, I admit.

http://tinyurl.com/2ppzy

Regards
Alan L Winthrop.

"Steve" wrote in message

TRAINMAN9 wrote:
..........We used p.rothchildianum 'Charles E'

in a number of crosses and most
of them were very unreliable

bloomers.........................

Oh foo, I have 2 or 3 Paph seedlings that have

'Charles E' as one of
the parents.
Perhaps you (or anyone else here) can answer a

question I have been
wondering about. I have Wildcatt (almost 2 years

out of date at this
point) and looking at awards in there didn't

answer the question for me.
There is a Paph. rothschildianum 'Charles E.

Edwards' FCC/AOS. I
also see listed Paph. rothschildianum 'Charles

E' FCC/AOS. I also
sometimes see 'Charles Edwards'.
Are all 3 versions really the same clone? Are

there really 3
different clones with interrelated names? Maybe

2 are the same?

When I search google, I just find one of the

names with no reference
to the others. I could keep looking but I'm sure

people here know
the answer and can clear this up for me. :-)

Steve