Old 20-06-2004, 09:04 PM
torgo

Default Water Makes a Big Difference

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:41:34 -0400 (EDT), "Shiva"
wrote:

Now that the 90 degree (F) temps have set in, I see
the difference. With minimal water most of my roses
have no blooms at all; a few of the older ones have
a few. In past years with abundant watering they all
had many more blooms. I attribute this difference
to watering because I cannot identify any other differences.

I'm seeing the same thing. I've watered less frequently since the new
restrictions kicked in, and the difference is quite noticeable.
Instead of baskets of blooms, I'm getting a bloom here and a bloom
there, and only on the well established bushes.

I hate to think what will happen to the new bushes when we hit the 100
degree days later this summer.