Old 20-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Shiva

Default Water Makes a Big Difference

torgo wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing. I've watered less frequently since the new
restrictions kicked in, and the difference is quite noticeable.
Instead of baskets of blooms, I'm getting a bloom here and a bloom
there, and only on the well established bushes.

Due to this, I am thinking that paying for an irrigation system is
in my best interest. I used to look upon watering by hose as a kind
of "Zen" activity--a chance for my mind to be quiet, and for me to
slow down. But the fact is, it just takes too long and there will
always be times when I just can't get out there as often as I want
to.

I hate to think what will happen to the new bushes when we hit the 100
degree days later this summer.

I think maybe there are temps that shut the roses down in a kind
of "conservation dormancy" regardless of watering. 95+ seems to be
it in my garden.

Hope the watering restrictions ease up soon. Hope it rains
and rains for you!