Old 20-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default How much room is enough?

Hi, Linda,

If you are sure that these are two distinct plants, I personally would
separate them. From what you wrote, it appears that you were able to move
the two crowns apart from one another, so I am assuming two plants. I use
mostly spag for my Phals, so I'm good with that.

When we repot, it's not unusual to cut some roots. In fact, I generally
give them a trim to encourage branching, so I wouldn't worry to much about
losing the tips of the existing root ball in order to separate these guys.
Then, fit each plant into the smallest possible pot, allowing for some
peanuts in the bottom and enough room for the roots and medium.

HTH

Diana