Old 21-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] The Quality of Pine Grafts

In a message dated 6/20/2004 8:15:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Is it common for enthusiasts to purchase trees without seeing them? Or
at least viewing photos? I have never done this and I am just
wondering.

Maybe this post is in reference to ebay type auctions where you see a
"sample" and get a different tree?

Thanks,

Matt

Sometimes Bonsai are purchased based upon photographs. What Michael
is warning about is that in a photograph you can't really see the graft on a
pine for example and a poor graft will never be right.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislek of Whitefish, Montana and Chase Rosade of New
Hope, PA.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++