Old 21-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Ack! Crazy summer!

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:31:04 +0200, "Reka"
wrote:

Is the weather going crazy anywhere else? It is here. I usually get my orchids out into the summer air about mid-May. This year
it was about two weeks later. And since then, I have had to move them inside again for the second time!!! The temps got down to
10?C/49?F last night on the balcony where many summer out, and even down to 15?C/59?F on my sheltered terrace, where I had to move
them to. This is getting to be annoying, especially since I have a Potinara that is budding for the first time and I am waiting
rather impatiently for it to bloom. THAT one stayed in the kitchen for the night!

The 15?C/59?F should not bother them. This is in the range I
heat to during winter nights. You might even get a new spike out
of a Phal.
With the 10?C/49?F I would worry that the actual was lower than
the predicted.

SuE