Old 21-06-2004, 07:02 PM
David Ross

Default killing bamboo

Snooze wrote [in part]:

The second problem is much more difficult. The previous owners had planted a
variety of bamboo that sends runners. They had planted it in a buried pot,
but of course it escaped the containment attempts. We've since removed the
plant, but have been deal with the thousands of segmented runners, my
strategy so far has been to spray the canes with round-up, wait a few days,
then dig up as much of the runner as I can find.

Since you are trying to kill only one type of plant and not a broad
spectrum of plants, don't use a broad spectrum herbicide such as
Roundup. (No, I'm not against Roundup. I use it myself -- but
only for general cleanup of an area, not for only one kind of
plant.)

Bamboo is a grass. Go to a comprehensive nursery and get a grass
killer. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.