Old 21-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Reka

Default Ack! Crazy summer!

"Eric Hunt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Reka,

I agree with Susan. As long as the temps *really* didn't go below about 42
or even 40 -- as long as your plants are dry, there are few hybrids that
will keel over and die.

We can grow a WIDE variety of Cattleya hybrids outside in the Bay Area - and
we go into the low 50s all year round in SF and Oakland. Anything with
Sophronitis in it gets a nice cold tolerance as a side effect. Laelia anceps
can take freezing - so if the hybrid has a recent shot of that, you're
totally made.

Ack! and I took my guerrero seedling in! Maybe it would finally bloom!
Yeah, I'm not too worried about some. Left the Dens and reedstem Epis out. I was more worried about Phals and Catts. Luckily my
13-year-old son was kind enough to help me and it only took about ten minutes and only one pot tipped over, a Phal I needed to repot
anyway!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html