Old 23-06-2004, 01:06 AM
dkat

Default New at this

The person already has fish. I put in feeder fish to my pond to keep down
the mosquito population as soon as it was chlorine free. A decade later I
still have some of those fish and many of their decedents. There is not
hard and fast rule to anything and most people introduce fish soon after
their water is set. I can't even image waiting a year unless you are going
to hand fertilize your plants, cover the pond with plastic so no new water
enters or leaves the system (tap water, rain water, well all have chemicals
other than H20), etc. Most of us who have ponds do so successfully and many
of us have full time outside jobs that means we are mostly "weekend"
ponders. Once you have a good veggie filter and biological filter as long
as you don't overload your pond with too many critters it really does take
care of itself for the most part. In fact my pond is far easier to care for
than most of my garden.

"Oxymel_of_Squill" wrote in message
I'd leave the pond at least a year before introducing fish. Ponds aren't
weekend projects

and never never use chemicals

Jon

"Rick" wrote in message
news
my pond is about one month old, it is about 1200 gallons big. i have a
1500GPM pump and the f