Old 23-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Bill McBride

Default Clay soil

The GA show used Bentonite which is a clay used for sealing dams and also
for foundry sand. If you look around foundry supply places and ask for
bentonite, or even rural produce supplies but you may need to ask for dam
sealing clay or something.

--
Cheers

Bill

"Alec McQueen" wrote in message
Bit of a long way to go to get some clay! At the moment, I am thinking
of buying some modelling clay and using that! All I am planning to do is
dissolve it in water, and pour over my sandy soil to make it clump just
a bit! Peter Cundall showed it in GA one time.

I have been composting like mad, but it takes a lot of effort and long
time to get a bit of compost. I need something quick and working asap.
Alec

PM wrote:
Come to Canberra Alec. Bring a truckload of sandy soil, and I will swap

it
for a truckload of clay soil!

Cheers,

Paul

"Alec McQueen" wrote in message

Hi
How can I get my hands on a small quantity of clay soil to improve my
sandy soil? I only need a barrowful. I am in Hills district.
Cheers
Alec