Old 23-06-2004, 03:09 AM
Andrew G

Default Clay soil

If it is a little hard to find in your area, and other suggestions of asking
at building sites and such haven't worked, then all I would do is buy a few
bags of the cheapest potting mix you can find at kmart (or similar store),
and mix it in with the sand.
Even if you do add clay, you will have to add it to the sand when it's dried
out and powdered/crushed, and even then you may have to add some gypsum.
It's a cheap way with the potting mix, and works quite well
Good luck
Andrew (enjoying holidays :-))
"Alec McQueen" wrote in message
Hi
How can I get my hands on a small quantity of clay soil to improve my
sandy soil? I only need a barrowful. I am in Hills district.
Cheers
Alec