Old 23-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Anita Hawkins

Default [IBC] Bonsai from 1945 Japan?

Dusty G. wrote:
There was some mention about a bonsai tree(s) that survived the bomb,
and a website. Does anyone still have that information and/or site link?

Hi Dusty - there are many webistes, but the NBF's is the
most extensive, with fascinating photos and updates:
http://www.bonsai-nbf.org/nbf/hiroshimasurvivor/

One of the survivor trees is in the collection at the
National Arb, where I had the pleasure of visiting with it
recently.

Grow well,
Anita
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my
own where I have planted vines and orchard trees, and in the
heat of the day climbed up into the healing shadow of the
woods. Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick
dew-wet red berries in a cup."
~Wendell Berry

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++