Old 23-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Rotax100uk Rotax100uk is offline
Registered User

Question Advice On Gardening

I am now starting my own gardening business at the age of 20 and i would like to know if anyone here has any advice which you think i should need.

I have my own van and gardening equipment, petrol machines, and hand tools etc but i lack in experience that a "gardener" would have, so i have been taking on work which is just to gain experience like grass cutting, hedge trimming and weeding.

I have been taking on work which at the moment is with retired women who cant look after their own gardens, i have been to price jobs with trouble as to how long a job will take me to complete. I have been charging £10 per hour which most of the retired people are having trouble with because of there pensions.

My recent problem is that i am not charging enough to cover for petrol for my equipment, dumping rubbish and travelling to and from clients house.

As you can see what problem i am faced with, i was just wondering if anyone hear can advice me what to do with my pricing?

I feel as if i am charging people a high rate of £10 per hour, but i am not getting any profit out of this when i have bought petrol, travelled to clients house and dumped rubbish which there is alot of.

Please can somebody help or have any of you people on hear and been in the same situation and want to help me out?