Old 24-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Uncle!!

On 20 Jun 2004 10:03:06 -0700, (Bahnee) wrote:

After three years of fighting green water, I am throwing up my arms in
defeat and counting my pennies to get a UV sterilizer.

So, what's the dish on these things? I researched a bunch about four
years ago, but perhaps technology has changed. My pond is 4500 gal,
full sun. No string algae....just the suspended tiny stuff. I would
run the unit off a separate pump from my regular filter system...have
a 1700 gph Leader available.

I live in Portland, OR, and there are some places I haven't checked
yet, but hope maybe there are some good $$ deals online. So, if anyone
can provide some source and tech info, it would be appreciated.

Haven't been on rec.ponds for quite some time. I notice Jan is still
here...HI! I'm also wondering if Vern is still reading. If so, how are
those koi I gave you looking?

Oh yeah, one last question. I have been going crazy trying to find
leopard frog tads to introduce....or ANY frogs for that matter.
Someone gave me a bullfrog, but it only hung around about a week. I
have teeny-tiny frog tadpoles of some sort, so I hope they hang here
and serenade. BUT, I'd really like some leopard frogs. Any source
suggestions?

It's good to be back to this group and see how MUCH it has grown.

bahnee

Have you tried stocking up on plants and -not- feeding the fish?

Seems to work great for me. I feed the fish once a week or so so they
get some protein, otherwise they eat roots, algae, and the occasional
hapless bug. Probably some of the zillions of fry and tadpoles/eggs as
well.

If any experts out there thiink I'm killing my fish, please let me
know.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."