Old 24-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Rob Halgren

Default FYI: Govt push to trade rare orchids

Reka wrote:

Govt push to trade rare orchids

The Nation, Bangkok's Independent Newspaper
http://nationmultimedia.com/page.new...6030&usrsess=1
Published on Jun 24, 2004

Thailand will ask the international wildlife secretariat to pull hybrid, jade and crown of thorns orchids from its list of species
under controlled trade, a senior official said yesterday.

So, I'm not familiar with Thai common names. What is a 'jade' or
'crown of thorn' orchid? Problem with common names is that they are
so.... common. I might think crown of thorns was some sort of
euphorbia, and jade a succulent in the crassulacea group, neither of
which are orchids (but both of which I might easily presume to be on
CITES appendix two).

Thanks

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open for business - e-mail me for a list of
minicatts and oncidiums )