Old 25-06-2004, 04:02 PM
dkat

Default Raised pond with flexible liner ?

Yes. You could for example make a frame of 6X6 pressure treated lumber -
stack the lumber and put L brackets on the inside and outside. Cement
bricks would also work and I don't think you would have to worry about
anchoring for the size you are talking. How deep are you going?

I was given a rigid liner and did not want to dig down for both the odd
shape and the depth I would have had to have gone. After chewing it around
with other ponders in the other room I ended up digging a foot down for the
lowest section of the kidney shaped pond which was basically digging a foot
deep by about a foot and a half round. The 'shelf' then sat on the ground
and I filled in around the edge with dirt giving me a hill like effect that
was then planted with very happy plants that had nice rich loose topsoil to
grow in. (I can send you a picture if you like).

"2pods" wrote in message
I'm a complete novice, so I'm looking for some help

I saw a nice idea for the patio with a rigid liner surrounded by

earth/sand,
then sleepers built round it.

However, I wanted our small rigid pond for somewhere else (maybe
semi-raised, as I can't dig much due to illness).

Could the raised sleeper idea be done with flexible liner ?
I'm talking about 4' 6'' x 3'

TIA

Peter