Old 25-06-2004, 07:05 PM
2pods

Default Raised pond with flexible liner ?

That's exactly what I want to do with the teeny rigid pond.

I think the liner for the other one should be ok.
It's only going to be 2' deep (got to start somewhere ;-) ) and came with
it's own pump.

I was going to use brackets on the inside, but thought they might have
ripped the liner ?

Thanks for your help

Peter
"dkat" wrote in message
t...
Yes. You could for example make a frame of 6X6 pressure treated lumber -
stack the lumber and put L brackets on the inside and outside. Cement
bricks would also work and I don't think you would have to worry about
anchoring for the size you are talking. How deep are you going?

I was given a rigid liner and did not want to dig down for both the odd
shape and the depth I would have had to have gone. After chewing it

around
with other ponders in the other room I ended up digging a foot down for

the
lowest section of the kidney shaped pond which was basically digging a

foot
deep by about a foot and a half round. The 'shelf' then sat on the

ground
and I filled in around the edge with dirt giving me a hill like effect

that
was then planted with very happy plants that had nice rich loose topsoil

grow in. (I can send you a picture if you like).