Old 25-06-2004, 07:05 PM
2pods

Default Raised pond with flexible liner ?

I've also ran an armoured underground cable out to the back of the garden.

i.e rcd to waterproof junction box, cable to other junction box feeding a
waterproof 13A socket and a waterproof switch. Which,once everything is
running, would feed the two teeny pumps (both less than 1A).

However, at the mo', if the switch is turned on (still no pumps wired yet)
it trips the rcd.
Switch turned off, everything OK.
Is it because there is nothing wired to the switch yet ?

TIA Peter

"dkat" wrote in message
t...
Yes. You could for example make a frame of 6X6 pressure treated lumber -
stack the lumber and put L brackets on the inside and outside. Cement
bricks would also work and I don't think you would have to worry about
anchoring for the size you are talking. How deep are you going?

I was given a rigid liner and did not want to dig down for both the odd
shape and the depth I would have had to have gone. After chewing it

around
with other ponders in the other room I ended up digging a foot down for

the
lowest section of the kidney shaped pond which was basically digging a

foot
deep by about a foot and a half round. The 'shelf' then sat on the

ground
and I filled in around the edge with dirt giving me a hill like effect

that
was then planted with very happy plants that had nice rich loose topsoil

grow in. (I can send you a picture if you like).

"2pods" wrote in message
I'm a complete novice, so I'm looking for some help

I saw a nice idea for the patio with a rigid liner surrounded by

earth/sand,
then sleepers built round it.

However, I wanted our small rigid pond for somewhere else (maybe
semi-raised, as I can't dig much due to illness).

Could the raised sleeper idea be done with flexible liner ?
I'm talking about 4' 6'' x 3'

TIA

Peter