Old 26-06-2004, 03:02 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Default grassy Iris

I have a couple of clumps of iris but not the bearded type, this type is
standard and grows like a clump of ornamental grass. They're purple. They
didn't flower profusely this season but the green part of the plants is
healthier than it's ever been.

Last time I seperated this huge clump into 2 smaller clumps into "pits" of very
dark compost but for a couple seasons neither the stalks nor the leaves would
stay upright as the compost didn't provide a good solid "foundation" NOw that
the planting medium has naturalized and the plants look sturdy & strong,
they're not flowering.

Do Iris prefer not to be treated to a soft, rich royal meal of home made
compost, when I redivide for better flowering?