Old 26-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Kay

Default What soil to put into new boarder

In article , Andy
Coleman writes
Hi,

I am about to put a small wall down the left hand side of my garden
about 0.5 meters from my neighbour's fence. I want to partialy fill
the area with some soil but what should I use? Is it ok to get some
bags of general compost from B&Q and dump them between the wall and
the fence?

If it's a wooden fence it will rot the fence - have you checked with
your neighbour that he's happy about this?

OK to use B&Q compost but that seems an expensive option. What about
using the soil you dig out for the foundations of the wall? Keep it the
same way up, ie reserve the topmost layer to put on top of the infill.
--
Kay