Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Dermuid

Default Trees???????????????????

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Hi Bob,

: A few questions the answers to which will help get a suitable reply......
:
: What sort of trees died?

2 were silver birch, the leaves died off after the first year, nothing this
year, the other one I am not sure what it was but the trunk split, looks
like it completely dried out.

I have 3 more birches at the front of the house but they are OK, plenty of
leaves and new branches plus they have grown a bit in height, the 3 that
died were at the back of the house.

: What were the symptoms before death?

No growth of leaves, the tops of the birch were so rotted that they broke
off when I shook the trunks.

: Did you get the roots removed? Where there any strange things about the
: roots?

I cant tell you that, I did not plant them.

: Have you done anything to the soil they were in since?

No.

:
: What sort of trees are you after?

Any trees really, ones that can survive a bit of dry weather.

Evergreen or Deciduous, flowering or not,
: fruit or not, are they needed for a screen/hedging?
: Sun or shade?

Something nice that flowers but is easy to maintain, 2 will be in the sun
one will be in partial shade when planted.

: What part of the Country?

Buckinghamshire.

: Are you near the Coast?

No

: Do you know your soil type?

Soil type is clay with chalk bits and flint in it.