Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Sacha

Default What soil to put into new boarder

On 25/6/04 19:31, in article ,
"Brian" wrote:

"Andy Coleman" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am about to put a small wall down the left hand side of my garden
about 0.5 meters from my neighbour's fence. I want to partialy fill
the area with some soil but what should I use? Is it ok to get some
bags of general compost from B&Q and dump them between the wall and
the fence?

Thanks
Andy

Your neighbours fence? If wooden then you ought not to have earth up
against it. Keep your wall low and use a minimum of filling. That from the
foundations should suffice~~ as previously suggested.
Regards Brian.

I'm trying to figure out why a wall is wanted if there is already a fence in
place? All it seems to be doing - to me - is eating up more space.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)