Old 26-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Steve

Default Halogen Lights

They sure could! Most lights can burn leaves, though fluorescent
lights don't burn unless the leaf if right up against them (and
sometimes not even then).
What I was getting at, is that I don't think anyone has found that
light from a halogen bulb is bad for orchids. It is often pointed
out that halogen lights aren't suitable for growing orchids. Not
because of the quality of the light but because they use more energy
producing heat than producing light. They are fine for occasional
use as a work light but for long hours of use as a plant light, they
would waste a huge amount of energy.

Steve (...obviously feeling a little more chatty than I was
before.) :-)

Claude wrote:

They can burn the leaves, I think!

Claude