Old 27-06-2004, 11:04 PM
evolutionman 2004

Default Leveling lawn?

If you have only dirt to level and a power tractor, you could also drag a
short piece of railroad (rail) iron (just wider than the rear tractor
wheels) behind you (attached with strong chain); this works great and will
level the soil.

"Srgnt Bilko" wrote in message

"William W. Plummer" wrote in

message
My turf isn't too bad but the surface is bumpy. My back (etc) gets

really
jostled when mowing. Has anyone leveled a lawn by sprinkling on

soil+seed
and rolling it. I don't think I want to rototill.

Sounds like a plan to me - cept I'm not much on rolling - but I do like to
drag a few feet of chainlink fence around behind my lawn tractor over

loose
dirt to smooth it out and level it.